Sunday, November 17, 2013

Swatches & Look: Darling Girl's Twas The Night Before Christmas Collection

PR sample.

Last week, I posted a look I did using a sneak peak of Wink, one of the eye shadows from Darling Girl Cosmetics' Christmas collection, "Twas The Night Before Christmas." I really loved the soft peachy-pink color, so I was very excited to find the entire collection in my mailbox this week, and swatched them as soon as I could. There are eight eye shadows and one blush in this collection and, as always with Darling Girl, they're beautiful. 

[Update: If you want anything from this collection, you'd better order soon--Darling Girl is closing from December 1 through ~January 6!]

Before we get to the photos, however, here are Darling Girl's descriptions of each color. 


Eye Shadows

8 Tiny ReindeerPinkish copper with pink and purple sparkle.

Ashes & SootSooty gray brown base with golden undertones and copper iridescence and some violet tones lurking about.

Bowl Full of Jelly - Dusty mauve with pink undertones and gold iridescence.

New Fallen SnowPale silvery blue with silver iridescence and pink and blue sparkle.  The pink and blue aren't really super noticeable they just kind of blend with this shade to make it more iridescent and sparkly.

Jolly Old Elf Rich pearly evergreen with golden undertones and pink and blue shimmers.

Kerchief & CapLightest golden beige with strong gold iridescence. 

Sugar Plums Lavender with silver iridescence and color shifting lavender sparkles.

Wink Soft peachy pink with gold highlight


Blush

Cheeks Like RosesBubblegum pink with the softest turuqoise iridescence.


All photos were shot in direct sunlight at different angles. 


Top row, L-R: 8 Tiny Reindeer, Ashes & Soot, Bowl Full of Jelly, New Fallen Snow
Middle row, L-R: Jolly Old Elf, Kerchief & Cap, Sugar Plums, Wink
Bottom row: Cheeks Like Roses Duochrome Blush

Top row, L-R: 8 Tiny Reindeer, Ashes & Soot, Bowl Full of Jelly, New Fallen Snow
Middle row, L-R: Jolly Old Elf, Kerchief & Cap, Sugar Plums, Wink
Bottom row: Cheeks Like Roses Duochrome Blush

Top row, L-R: 8 Tiny Reindeer, Ashes & Soot, Bowl Full of Jelly, New Fallen Snow
Middle row, L-R: Jolly Old Elf, Kerchief & Cap, Sugar Plums, Wink
Bottom row: Cheeks Like Roses Duochrome Blush

Top row, L-R: 8 Tiny Reindeer, Ashes & Soot, Bowl Full of Jelly, New Fallen Snow
Middle row, L-R: Jolly Old Elf, Kerchief & Cap, Sugar Plums, Wink
Bottom row: Cheeks Like Roses Duochrome Blush
  
L-R: 8 Tiny Reindeer, Ashes & Soot, Bowl Full of Jelly, New Fallen Snow

L-R: 8 Tiny Reindeer, Ashes & Soot, Bowl Full of Jelly, New Fallen Snow
- this photo was taken at an angle that shows some of the sparkle.
Click on the image to see better sparkly detail! -

L-R: Jolly Old Elf, Kerchief & Cap, Sugar Plums, Wink

L-R: Jolly Old Elf, Kerchief & Cap, Sugar Plums, Wink
- this photo was taken at an angle that shows some of the sparkle.
Click on the image to see better sparkly detail! -

Cheeks Like Roses Duochrome Blush

On Friday morning, I did a quick look using six of the eyeshadows: Sugar Plums on lid, Ashes & Soot in outer corner, Jolly Old Elf in crease, Kerchief & Cap to blend out crease, New Fallen Snow to highlight inner corner, Bowl Full of Jelly beneath lower lashes. 



In this full-face photo, I'm wearing Cheeks Like Roses duochrome blush. I tend to wear my blush fairly subtly, so it's fully evident in this photo. I also typically shy away from duochrome blushes and sparkly blushes, but I really love how Cheeks of Roses looks with my skin tone. It's a soft pink with a sheer turquoise shift, but despite the blue in it, it doesn't look unnatural. Rather, the turquoise shift catches the light in a way that gives my cheeks a soft, healthy glow. I'm not sure how a turquoise shift manages to work so well with my yellow skintone, but it does!



(In case anyone's curious, the lipstick I'm wearing in this photo is MAC's Odyssey. It's one of my all-time favorites and it's almost time to replace my tube!)

My favorite colors from this collection is the beautiful neutral, Ashes & Soot, and the soft peachy-pink, Wink. I am also really in love with Sugar Plums, which surprises me, since I typically veer away from pastels as I tend to look like death in them, but somehow this lavender color is wearable for me. 

Tomorrow, I'll post another look I did using this eye shadow collection. 

Is anything from this collection calling your name? 

2 comments: