Friday, November 1, 2013

Zoya Tomoko Pixie Dust

This was a gift.

One of Zoya's Fall 2013 Pixie Dust collection colors is Tomoko. It has been on my wishlist since I saw the first promotional adds for the Fall collection. I just knew it was one of those nail polishes that would change my life!

This past weekend, I received an amazing box of gifts from my wonderful friend Jessi of Lacquered, Painted, Polished, and among the multitude of goodies was a bottle of Tomoko. I squealed when I saw it!

Zoya's website describes Tomoko as "a romantic champagne silver with a matte, textured, sparkling metal finish."

Zoya's Pixie Dusts are similar to OPI's Liquid Sand polishes that are slightly gritty-textured, with thousands of bits of sparkle mixed in. I have several and love them all. I wear them on top of my regular base coat (I use CND Stickey as a base coat for all of my nail polishes) and don't typically wear a top coat, as it will eliminate the matte finish. Pixie Dusts are certainly beautiful and sparkly with a top coat, but I typically prefer them without. This does mean, however, that tip wear occurs much more quickly than it would otherwise. I painted my nails less than 24 hours before I took pictures, and already had some minor tip wear by the time I took these photos.

All of the below photos were taken in direct sunlight.







Here's a slightly blurry close-up that shows Tomoko's plethora of sparkles:


While it is champagne in color and not a pure gold, there is a hint of gold to it (as with champagne, of course!) The sparkle and texture remind me a bit of the texture and look of Pyrite aka "Fool's Gold."

Tomoko is the perfect color for every occasion. Its neutral color makes it appropriate for office wear. Its sparkle makes it great for dress-up occasions. And its overall awesomeness makes it perfect for every occasion or no occasion at all.

Do you have any of the Zoya Fall 2013 Pixie Dusts? Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You said my name! Tomoko is just as gorgeous as it looked in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete