Thursday, December 26, 2013

EOTD: Brija Cosmetics Whitelighter, Sawyer's Heart, Unkindness of Ravens, Consulting Detective

I purchased this.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas yesterday! I had a really great time with my family. We ate a ton of good food, got very silly and laughed a lot together, and there were even some good gifts exchanged. I think my favorite is a 1st edition copy of Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard, which is my favorite book of all time. I used to have a 1st edition copy, but about eight years ago, I gave it away to someone whom I thought would really appreciate it, so it was super exciting to open my package and see a beautiful, mint condition copy of the rare book I once gave away.

I didn't receive any makeup at all, so I'm glad I did some mega-shopping for myself on Black Friday! One of the companies I bought from on Black Friday was Brija Cosmetics, which I'm using in today's look.

Back in about 1984 or 1985, one of my favorite eye makeup looks was to wear yellow and pink eyeshadows together. I don't think I've done that combo of colors since those days! I was feeling a bit nostalgic today, and decided to try to recreate one of my looks from the old days, but hopefully do it with a little more skill and hopefully without making it look totally '80s. I think it turned out really pretty. It's a nice, soft look for running errands and lounging around the house, which is exactly what I'm doing today.





WHAT I USED:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot all around eye area
Darling Girl Glitter Glue all around eye area
Brija Sawyer's Heart on outer 2/3 of lid, blended into crease, and outer 2/3 of lower lash line
Brija Whitelighter on inner 1/3 of lid, tear duct area, and inner 1/3 of lower lash line
Brija Consulting Detective lightly applied to outermost corner of lid and blended into crease
Brija Cosmetics Unkindness of Ravens to tightline outer 2/3 of upper and lower lash lines
Brija Wide Eyed Waterliner Pencil on lower waterline
Sugarpill Mochi on top of waterliner pencil on outer 2/3 of lower waterline
Benefit They're Real! mascara
Chinovi Cosmetics brow powders in Dark Brown and Deep Auburn

3 comments:

  1. The bright blue waterline gives this soft look so much dimension ! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great look! I LOVE the blue on the waterline too!

    ReplyDelete