Wednesday, December 4, 2013

EOTD: Darling Girl Brocade and Honey Pot

I purchased this.

Darling Girl Cosmetics' Brocade is one of my favorite Darling Girl eye shadows. I wanted a soft, ultra-easy look, so I decided to wear Brocade and another Darling Girl shadow, Honey Pot. I forgot to apply Darling Girl Glitter Glue between applying my primer and my eye shadow, and I was amazed at how the color changed when not used over Glitter Glue. Darling Girl's website describes Brocade as a "violet base with strong metallic gold overlay," (although I'd say it's more of a mauve-violet with a metallic gold overlay) and the swatches on the page are dead-on.  When I started patting Brocade all over my lid, I was surprised by the soft pink color that was appearing, which is when I realized I'd forgotten to use Glitter Glue. Apparently with Glitter Glue, it's a mauvey-violet with a metallic gold overlay, but without Glitter Glue, it's a soft pink with the faintest trace of a gold shift that my camera doesn't capture.

All that's to say, this look wasn't what I'd hoped for, but I really like how soft and feminine it turned out.

Also, for the record, Honey Pot is a gorgeous gold. My little crystal ball tells me that I'm going to be playing with it a lot more in the future!




What I Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Darling Girl Brocade on lid
Darling Girl Honey Pot beneath lower lash line and around tear duct area
MAC Charcoal Brown in crease
MAC Brule on brow bone
MAC Blanc Type to highlight beneath eyebrow
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline lining upper lashes
Chella Ivory Lace Highlighting Pencil on waterline
Benefit They’re Real! mascara
Chinovi Cosmetics brow powders in Dark Brown and Dark Auburn
Anastasia Brow Gel

2 comments:

  1. funny when a shade/look doesn't turn out as we thought, but still looks amazing! So soft & pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how this turned out, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete