Sunday, December 15, 2013

Swatches: BH Galaxy Chic Palette

This was a gift.

When I went in to work the other day, my good buddy Sara handed me a present from "Santee Claws." I opened it up, and it was the Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Palette from BH Cosmetics. Just the day before, Sara had been raving about the palette and how much she loved it, so I was really excited to have of my own.

Today, I have pictures of the palette, as well as swatches. Tomorrow, I'll post a look using colors from the palette.




While the eyeshadows are really pretty, they're not particularly shifty or sparkly, so I am not going to show the swatches at different angles and bore everyone with a kajillion photos showing the exact same thing. 

Top row, L-R: Sun, Jupiter, Prometheus
Middle row, L-R: Aphrodite, Milky Way, Cosmic
Bottom row, L-R: Saturn, Venus, Meteor

Top row, L-R: Comet, Earth, Neptune
Middle row, L-R: Mercury, Mars, Asteroid
Bottom row, L-R: Uranus, Moon, Eclipse

Most of the colors are very pigmented and I love their smooth, satin finish. I had a little trouble getting Sun to show up on my hand as bright and beautiful as it shows up on the tip of my finger when I rub it directly on the eyeshadow. I had a significant amount of fallout with Meteor, but otherwise, the eyeshadows are bound well and don't have much fallout to speak of. The eyeshadows that are marbled give off a really unique glow that's almost duochrome, but not as shifty as a duochrome.

Milky Way and Cosmic are basically dupes of each other. I'm not sure what the purpose was in including both of them in the palette.

My favorite colors are:

 -  Saturn, a really gorgeous pink/gold marbled shade that turns a soft coral when the pink and gold are blended together really well
  - Mercury, a tan shade with the faintest pink undertone
  - Asteroid, a bronzey-brown and teal marbled shade that is definitely my #1 favorite out of all 18 shadows in this palette
  - Moon, a purple/gray/taupe marbled shade whose color is reminiscent of Max Factor's Moondust nail polish.

I also love the way Eclipse and Milky Way/Cosmic pair up together.

I'm really grateful to Sara for giving this palette to me for Christmas, and have already had fun playing with it, and plan to enjoy using every single one of the eye shadows in this palette.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty colors! I can't wait to see the looks you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep lemming this palette, but I hate BH's high shipping cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing colors from it again today--it's a really pretty palette. But yes, I agree about the shipping costs. If I wouldn't have received it as a gift, I'd probably never get it for that sole reason.

      Delete