Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Swatches: Chinovi Cosmetics Silver Bells Holiday 2013 Collection

I purchased this.

As soon as Chinovi Cosmetics released their Silver Bells Holiday 2013 collection of eye shadows, I had to snap up a sample set right away. "Silver Bells" is one of my favorite Christmas carols, and I have nostalgic memories of my grandparents singing the song together--Grandpa's clear tenor in perfect harmony with Grandma's dulcet soprano...it was so beautiful, and every time I've pulled out these eye shadows over the past week, I've ended up singing that song and smiling as I remember my grandparents singing it together when they were younger.

The Silver Bells eye shadows are traditional shades for the holiday season, but they're anything but boring. They're highly pigmented, bright, and very sparkly.

Top row, L-R: Busy Sidewalks, Children Laughing, Holiday Style
Bottom row, L-R: Ring-A-Ling, Silver Bells, Smile After Smile

I ordered my samples in baggies. One nice thing about Chinovi is that they give you the option to get your samples in baggies or in jars. I don't know any other indie who does that! I prefer baggies since I store all of my eye shadows in binders, and if I get jars of eye shadows, I eventually end up decanting all of them into baggies for storage purposes.

Here are the descriptions of each color, from Chinovi's Storenvy shop
  • Busy Sidewalks - an eggplant purple with red and blue sparkles
  • Children Laughing - a wine red with a golden sheen and gold sparkles
  • Holiday Style - emerald green with lots of purple, red, and copper shimmers
  • Ring-a-Ling - sapphire with a red cast and has gold and purple sparkles
  • Silver Bells - an almost white silver with soft, golden sparkles
  • Smile After Smile - a rich gold with lots of silver sparkles

Did you notice that every shade description ends with "sparkles"? Yes, these eye shadows are very sparkly!

The swatches were photographed at different angles in direct sunlight. My apologies for the camera-lens shadow that snuck into a couple of the pics. 

Top row, L-R: Busy Sidewalks, Children Laughing, Holiday Style
Bottom row, L-R: Ring-A-Ling, Silver Bells, Smile After Smile

Top row, L-R: Busy Sidewalks, Children Laughing, Holiday Style
Bottom row, L-R: Ring-A-Ling, Silver Bells, Smile After Smile

Top row, L-R: Busy Sidewalks, Children Laughing, Holiday Style
Bottom row, L-R: Ring-A-Ling, Silver Bells, Smile After Smile

Top row, L-R: Busy Sidewalks, Children Laughing, Holiday Style
Bottom row, L-R: Ring-A-Ling, Silver Bells, Smile After Smile

Top row, L-R: Busy Sidewalks, Children Laughing, Holiday Style
Bottom row, L-R: Ring-A-Ling, Silver Bells, Smile After Smile

My favorite of the shadows is definitely Busy Sidewalks. It is an absolutely perfect purple--the perfect balance and blue and red, without being too brown, pink, gray, or any other colors that purples often lean toward. It's just an absolutely perfect purple, and quickly rose among the ranks of my favorite purples right to the top with the best of them. 

My second favorite is--surprisingly--Silver Bells. I'm not a silver makeup lover. It's rare that I find a silver cosmetic product that I like, much less love; however,  Silver Bells is a true silver--not too white, not too pewter, not too gray. It's exactly the color of silver Christmas bells, and I love it.

I really love putting Busy Sidewalks and Silver Bells together. *swoons*

What do you think of Chinovi's Silver Bells collection of eye shadows? Do you think you'll be getting any of them?

2 comments:

  1. I must see Silver bells and Busy Sidewalks together!!! it's a MUST!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete