Saturday, April 26, 2014

Swatches & Review: Darling Girl Cosmetics' New Blushes!

PR samples.

Darling Girl Cosmetics just released eight new blushes. These are the new shades, with descriptions from Darling Girl's site and links directly to each one:




I'm not really that into blush. I tend to find a small handful of tried-and-true favorites and stick to them. It takes a lot to "wow" me with a blush, so I was really surprised at how excited I got over these blushes when I first swatched them. They are really gorgeous and such great quality.

All photos are taken in indirect sunlight with flash.

Top row, L-R: The Magic Lamp, Little Mischief, Kiss The Frog, Wicked Stepsister
Bottom row, L-R: To Love A Beast, Mermaid's Dream, Don't Eat The Apple, Love's True Kiss

Top row, L-R: The Magic Lamp, Little Mischief, Kiss The Frog, Wicked Stepsister
Bottom row, L-R: To Love A Beast, Mermaid's Dream, Don't Eat The Apple, Love's True Kiss

Top row, L-R: The Magic Lamp, Little Mischief, Kiss The Frog, Wicked Stepsister
Bottom row, L-R: To Love A Beast, Mermaid's Dream, Don't Eat The Apple, Love's True Kiss

These swatches are applied with a lighter touch and blended out:

L-R: The Magic Lamp, Little Mischief, Kiss The Frog, Wicked Stepsister, 
To Love A Beast, Mermaid's Dream, Don't Eat The Apple, Love's True Kiss

Each of these blushes applies smoothly and evenly, blend out nicely, and their staying power is quite good. I wore Little Mischief yesterday. I put it on at about 7:00 a.m., used a makeup setting spray as I typically do, and when I left work around 5:00 p.m. last night, the blush was still holding strong.

The blushes are available in samples sizes through Darling Girl's Mix & Match Sample Sets (a sample is approximately 1/8 teaspoon). You may also purchase a Petit jar with 1/4 teaspoon of product for $2.50, or a 1 teaspoon Full Size jar for $5.90.

My favorites are Little Mischief, Don't Eat The Apple, and Love's True Kiss and I think I'll be placing an order for them. Quite a few of these shades are eye-approved, as well, and would make gorgeous eyeshadows. (Don't Eat The Apple, Kiss The Frog, Love's True Kiss, and Wicked Stepsister.) The website description for Don't Eat The Apple doesn't bear any warnings about it not being lip-approved (as it does for others). I'm going to double-check, but if it is safe for lips, it's going to make a gorgeous duochrome lip shade.

Do any of these blushes stand out to you? Are you thinking of picking any of them up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment