Thursday, May 1, 2014

Swatches: BFTE Coffee Collection v.2

PR samples.

A few months ago, Beauty From The Earth Cosmetics ("BFTE") announced they were closing shop indefinitely. Well, imagine my surprise when my good buddy, Kimberly (from Libby's Pink Vanity blog) announced that she had purchased BFTE! Kimberly is passionate about makeup and indie makeup, and I have no doubts that BFTE is in good and capable hands.

Last weekend, I got together with Kimberly for lunch, and afterward, she took me to see BFTE's new laboratory. It was so fun to see behind the scenes, and of course, to get to see and play with so many pretty color!

Kimberly was kind enough to send me home with some of the new eye shadows she created, the Coffee Collection v.2. This collection is limited edition, and the first new collection for BFTE's Grand Reopening--which happens to be today!

Here are swatches of the four new shades that comprise the Coffee Collection v.2.  I swatched them at different angles in different types of lighting. All were swatched over Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue.


Top row, L-R: Foam On Top, The Last Drop
Bottom row, L-R: Turkish Coffee, Java Junkie

Top row, L-R: Foam On Top, The Last Drop
Bottom row, L-R: Turkish Coffee, Java Junkie

Top row, L-R: Foam On Top, The Last Drop
Bottom row, L-R: Turkish Coffee, Java Junkie

Top row, L-R: Foam On Top, The Last Drop
Bottom row, L-R: Turkish Coffee, Java Junkie

Top row, L-R: Foam On Top, The Last Drop
Bottom row, L-R: Turkish Coffee, Java Junkie

Top row, L-R: Foam On Top, The Last Drop
Bottom row, L-R: Turkish Coffee, Java Junkie

Now, anyone who follows my blog knows I adore neutrals, and these are no exceptions. I really love every single shade, but especially Turkish Coffee and The Last Drop. These neutrals are designed specifically with cooler-toned people in mind, since the first Coffee Collection was so rich and warm. I do wear the warmer shades better, but that won't stop me from wearing these! I'm looking forward especially to using The Last Drop as an eyeliner, because it is such a deep, inky brown, but doesn't cross the line into black territory. Despite all of the brown eye shadows I own, I have nothing remotely similar to it.

What do you think of the Coffee Collection v.2? Do you think you'll pick it up? Are you excited that BFTE is back under new ownership? 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that Kim owns the company now! It gives me even more motivation to make a purchase if I ever come upon some extra monies. These colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want these so bad, I'm really into staple neutrals lately. Happy to hear they're cooler toned too! I would buy this but I'm on a no-buy due to being completely broke lol. Otherwise I'm happy to see BFTE back, I hope they'll be around for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy they're back, too, and I'm so happy Kimberly is the new owner!

      Delete