Saturday, June 28, 2014

Swatches: Chinovi Cosmetics Paper Runway Collection

PR Samples.

Earlier today, three terrific indie cosmetics companies (Chinovi Cosmetics, Darling Girl Cosmetics, and Glamour Doll Eyes) each released a collection in collaboration with one another. A couple of weeks ago, I posted sneak peek swatches from Darling Girl Cosmetics' Paper Runway collection. Well, today I have swatches for you from Chinovi Cosmetics' Paper Runway collection. 



Chinovi's collection consists of six eyeshadows and two blushes. These are Chinovi's shade descriptions:

  • Flannel (eyeshadow) - a warm lavender with beautiful blue sparkles.
  • Fleece (eyeshadow) - a matte dark, taupey pewter. 
  • Leather (eyeshadow) - a beautiful chocolate brown with purple sparkles throughout. 
  • Satin (eyeshadow) - a gorgeous mermaid blue. It's bright blue with a green cast and pink sparkles. 
  • Taffeta (eyeshadow) - deep purple with a soft red sheen and bronze sparkles. 
  • Tule (eyeshadow) - a lovely deep emerald green.
  • Crystal (blush) - a matte bubblegum pink blush. when blended out, it has more of a reddish tone. 
  • Madison (blush) - a warm medium apricot blush with some soft pink shimmers. 


This first set of swatches are taken in direct sunlight:

Top row, L-R: Fleece, Flannel, Leather, Satin
Bottom row, L-R: Taffeta, Tule, Crystal, Madison

Top row, L-R: Fleece, Flannel, Leather, Satin
Bottom row, L-R: Taffeta, Tule, Crystal, Madison

L-R: Crystal (blended out), Madison (blended out)

This second set of swatches were taken in shade with flash: 

Top row, L-R: Fleece, Flannel, Leather, Satin
Bottom row, L-R: Taffeta, Tule, Crystal, Madison

Top row, L-R: Fleece, Flannel, Leather, Satin
Bottom row, L-R: Taffeta, Tule, Crystal, Madison

L-R: Crystal (blended out), Madison (blended out)

As always, Chinovi's eyeshadows have the perfect amount of slip, are highly pigmented, and are really gorgeous. They apply and blend so easy they feel downright luxurious--I described to a friend earlier today that putting on Chinovi eyeshadows feels like putting on a silk nightie.

My absolute favorite shadow in this collection is Leather. I am always on the hunt for "the perfect brown," and when I swiped Leather across my skin for the first time, I literally gasped. It's so, so, so pretty. I can't even put into words how rich and gorgeous it is. There are purple sparkles in it, which for the life of me I couldn't catch on camera. They're tiny sparkles, and keep this from being just another brown eyeshadow. I can't wait to pair Leather and Satin together on my eyelids. I'm really looking forward to playing with every single color!

I personally love that the blushes are matte, without any sparkle or shimmer. Crystal is my favorite of the two blushes, as I love bubblegum pinks. Madison will be a great shade for me once my face has a little summer color. 

Are you thinking of buying any of the colors from any of the Paper Runway collections? Which colors of Chinovi's are you thinking you might have to pick up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment