Monday, July 7, 2014

EOTD: My Birthday Look with Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

I purchased this.

I had a birthday a week ago and my husband and I had a late lunch at an Irish pub that used to be one of my favorites when I first moved to Denver and lived in the city. I decided to wear neutrals and use my Smashbox Full Exposure palette for my eyes.

I first tried the Smashbox Full Exposure via a carded sample from Birchbox, and I immediately fell so heavily in love that I thought for sure the makeup world would be abuzz with news about this palette like they were about Too Faced's Chocolate Bar or Urban Decay's Naked 3. However, not one single blogger that I follow has mentioned it, which is such a shame, because this palette is really amazing. Gorgeous colors, incredible pigmentation, a perfect balance of brown-to-grey neutrals... I think it really is "all that" and needs to get a lot more attention. If I could use only one palette for the rest of my life, it would be really hard to pick, but Smashbox's Full Exposure Palette would be a top five contender.

Anyway, enough waxing on and on about the awesomesauceness of this palette. Here are pictures of the birthday eye look I did last week.




In addition, I snapped this quick pic of the overall look. Unfortunately, I didn't write anything down, and have no idea what else I used on the rest of my face. I think I was wearing MAC Touch lipstick with a peach gloss on top, but couldn't say that for sure.


I kind of really dislike this whole aging thing, but at the same time, I'm told I'm aging well. I look at this photo of my compared to other people my age, and think that 44 could definitely look a lot worse. I'm still pretty light on the wrinkles, which is an amazingly  huge blessing when you hit your 40s!

WHAT I USED (EYES ONLY):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over eye area
Smashbox Full Exposure Palette:
  - M3 on brow bone
  - M2 to transition from brow bone to crease
  - M1 in crease
  - S2 on main lid area
  - S3 around tear duct area and lightly patted on center of lid on top of S2
  - M7 on outer corner with S7 on top
  - S6 beneath outer 1/3 of lower lash line with M7 applied close to the lashes
  - M6 beneath inner 2/3 of lower lash line
Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in Onyx Black lining upper lashes and lower waterline
Lancôme Hypôse Custom Volume Mascara
Chinovi Cosmetics Brow Powders in Dark Brown and Deep Auburn

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely! You look really great for 44! I would have guessed 30 at the most.

    http://finefantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will admit, even if people are just stroking my ego, I'm really happy to get compliments like that. It helps ease this aging thing a lot! :)

      Delete