Thursday, July 3, 2014

Swatches: Chinovi Cosmetics' Oh My Gods:Rome Collection

I purchased this.

This morning, I swatched each of the 12 eyeshadow shades from Chinovi Cosmetics' second "Oh My Gods" collection called Oh My Gods: Rome. Each of the eyeshadows in this collection is inspired by the Roman gods. The first Oh My Gods! collection is inspired by the Greek gods and is still available in Chinovi's store.

Since the first time I've tried Chinovi and probably for a long time to come, I've been a firm believer that of all the indie cosmetics companies out there that I've tried, Chinovi has the hands-down best formula available for loose pigments. Chinovi eyeshadows are highly pigmented, soft and buttery, and they practically blend themselves. The OMG: Rome collection has the same high quality as every other Chinovi pigment I've tried--which is pretty much all of them.

The OMG: Rome collection is a set of 12 absolutely gorgeous eyeshadow shades. I've interspersed Chinovi's shade descriptions with the swatch photos below.

- Photo taken in direct sunlight -
Top row, L-R: Apollo, Ceres, Diana, Juno, Jupiter, Mars
Bottom row, L-R: Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Venus, Vestia, Vulcan


  • Apollo is a true yellow gold with silver sparkles.
  • Ceres is a warm beige taupe with heavy violet shimmers.
  • Diana is a rich emerald green with soft shifts of blue.
  • Juno is a soft silvery white with soft blue sparkles.


- Photo taken in direct sunlight -
Top row, L-R: Apollo, Ceres, Diana, Juno, Jupiter, Mars
Bottom row, L-R: Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Venus, Vestia, Vulcan


  • Jupiter is an icy baby blue with a scatter of gold sparkles.
  • Mars is a deep brown red with hints of purple throughout.
  • Mercury is an antique rose taupe with a beautiful gold shimmer.
  • Minerva is a gorgeous rich blurple.


- Photo taken in shade with flash -
Top row, L-R: Apollo, Ceres, Diana, Juno, Jupiter, Mars
Bottom row, L-R: Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Venus, Vestia, Vulcan


  • Neptune is a rich, warm chocolate brown with amazing blue and teal sparkles.
  • Venus is a bold bubblegum pink with soft purple shifts and purple sparkles.
  • Vestia is a dark and elegant gem-toned teal with soft green shifts and bronze sparkles.
  • Vulcan is a deep peachy orange with a gorgeous pinkish purple cast.


 - Photo taken in shade with flash - 
Top row, L-R: Apollo, Ceres, Diana, Juno, Jupiter, Mars
Bottom row, L-R: Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Venus, Vestia, Vulcan

While I think every color in this collection is gorgeous, the real standouts for me are Ceres, Mars, Mercury, Neptune, and Vulcan. They're definitely the first colors from this collection that I'm going to put on my face!

OMG: Rome is available in various sizes and prices:


Do you have any colors from Chinovi's OMG: Rome collection? What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment