Friday, July 11, 2014

Swatches: Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow - Part 2

I purchased this.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted swatches of eight of Milani's new Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows. I had only found a 12-shade display, and have been searching for one of the larger displays. Well, this past weekend's wanderings took me to a Walgreens across town, where I found the larger 20-shade display. It had one Bella Champagne left, which I was super excited about, as it's the #1 shade on my Bella Eyes wish list. I ended up picking up five of these Milani eyeshadows to add the eight I've already collected. Once they're fully released and incorporated into Milani's permanent drugstore displays (or at least for sale on their website!), there are a good eight (or so) more that I "need" to get.

Top row, L-R: Bella Bronze, Bella Champagne
Bottom row, L-R: Bella Black, Bella Chiffon, Bella Emerald

The weather was dark and overcast the day that I had time to take pictures and do swatches, so I don't have as many pictures of the eye shadow pans as I'd like. But I do have swatches of them!

The first swatch photo was taken in indirect sunlight.

Left column, top-bottom: Bella Bronze, Bella Black
Center: Bella Champagne
Right column, top-bottom: Bella Emerald, Bella Chiffon

The second swatch photo was taken in indirect sunlight with flash:

Left column, top-bottom: Bella Bronze, Bella Black
Center: Bella Champagne
Right column, top-bottom: Bella Emerald, Bella Chiffon

Bella Champagne really is everything I hoped it would be. I love champagne-type shades. I was surprised at how much I like Bella Chiffon. It's got a gorgeous gold cast about it that doesn't show up well in my photos, but is clearly there on the skin. It'll pair beautifully with Bella Emerald. I'm also highly impressed by the depth of blackness of Bella Black. I swatched it on my skin next to Sugarpill's Bulletproof eyeshadow, which was previously the blackest black I've found. Amazingly, Bella Black is not only just as black as Bulletproof, but it's softer and matter (more matte?). Next to Bella Black, Bulletproof actually has a bit of sheen to it, sort of like an eggshell paint finish, where Bella Black's finish would be more equivalent to a pure matte paint finish.

I'm so excited about these Milani Bella Eyes eyeshadows and can't wait to find a few other shades like Bella Rouge, Bella Mandarin, Bella Cappuccino, Bella Taupe, Bella Khaki, Bella Copper, Bella Rose, and Bella Diamond. They're such amazing quality, especially for the low price ($3.99) and the colors are beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness bella champagne and bella emerald are gorgeous!! I need to get some of these shadows!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hrmmm, That green looks kinda awesome...so does champagne. and yeah, for $3.99 I can't pass that up!!! I need to find a place that has them, my wags unfortunately does not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that black is sooty- I love it. I have Champagne on my list too. Thank you for these swatches.

    ReplyDelete