Sunday, July 6, 2014

Swatches: Sugar Skull Minerals "Young Love" Collection

PR samples.

I first posted swatches of Sugar Skull Minerals a couple of years ago. Last fall, I looked online for the company, but couldn't find any evidence that it was still around. As it turns out, the company was on hiatus while the owner, Vicki, got married and had a baby. As of a couple of months ago, she's back and in full swing.


Vicki sent me the following eyeshadows that I'm swatching today. I also have four blushes that I'll swatch in a separate post.

[Edit: I just found out that these 11 eyeshadows and the four blushes that I'll be swatching later are all part of an upcoming collection called "Young Love." It'll be released this Friday, July 11.]

This first set of swatches were taken in direct sunlight. The sun is just blazing today, so they're a bit washed out, but you can see better color in the second and third sets of swatches.

Top row, L-R: Faithful, I Heart You, Hickey, Picnic In The Park, Promise Ring
Bottom row, L-R: Prude, Smooches, Spin The Bottle, Sugar Bear, Under The Bleachers, (far right end) XOXO

Top row, L-R: Faithful, I Heart You, Hickey, Picnic In The Park, Promise Ring
Bottom row, L-R: Prude, Smooches, Spin The Bottle, Sugar Bear, Under The Bleachers, (far right end) XOXO

This second set of swatches were taken in the shade.

Top row, L-R: Faithful, I Heart You, Hickey, Picnic In The Park, Promise Ring
Bottom row, L-R: Prude, Smooches, Spin The Bottle, Sugar Bear, Under The Bleachers, (far right end) XOXO

Top row, L-R: Faithful, I Heart You, Hickey, Picnic In The Park, Promise Ring
Bottom row, L-R: Prude, Smooches, Spin The Bottle, Sugar Bear, Under The Bleachers, (far right end) XOXO

This last set of swatches were taken in the shade, with flash.

Top row, L-R: Faithful, I Heart You, Hickey, Picnic In The Park, Promise Ring
Bottom row, L-R: Prude, Smooches, Spin The Bottle, Sugar Bear, Under The Bleachers, (far right end) XOXO

Top row, L-R: Faithful, I Heart You, Hickey, Picnic In The Park, Promise Ring
Bottom row, L-R: Prude, Smooches, Spin The Bottle, Sugar Bear, Under The Bleachers, (far right end) XOXO

Every single one of these shadows is really gorgeous. They are incredibly soft and silky, glide on easily, blend well, and are ultra shimmery. My favorites are the duochromes: Prude, Spin The Bottle, and Sugar Bear. I particularly can't get over the complexity of Prude. I can't tell if it's olive, green, brown, gold, or pink--it's all of them!

Right now, Sugar Skull Minerals has approximately 50 eyeshadows listed in their Etsy shop. However, Vicki has made over 200, so if you see something you like that's not in her shop, just drop her a message. Just because it's not listed in the shop doesn't necessarily mean it's not available.

I love the Sugar Skull Minerals eyeshadows (and blushes) that I have, but I'm already looking forward to picking up some more.

4 comments:

  1. I just wrote a post about Sugar Skull Minerals today also! And I agree that her shadows are amazing. The ones you swatched are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are pretty, aren't they? I can't wait to put these on my face! Next up: Sugar Skull Minerals blush swatches! :)

      Delete