Monday, July 14, 2014

Swatches: Tom Ford Silvered Topaz Eyeshadow Quad

I purchased this.

I will never forget the day I first set eyes on the Tom Ford Silvered Topaz Eyeshadow Quad. It was September 7, 2014. I was fighting off jet-lag on my first full day in London and spending a day with two really fun and lovely women--Robyn from Stay Beautiful, and Jade, who works at MUA. They were showing me all of the best makeup shopping in London, and took me into a gorgeous department store called Liberty. We meandered around the cosmetics department, and when I saw the Tom Ford counter, I swear the heavens opened up and I heard the angels sing.

I had never seen a Tom Ford product in person before. I'd only drooled after the brand while shopping online. I ran over to the counter and the first thing I saw was the display of all Tom Ford eyeshadow quads lined up one after another. They were all gorgeous, but the one I had to stick my fingers all over first and foremost was the Silvered Topaz quad. I swatched it on the back of my hand, and fell head over heels in love. I swatched the others, too. They were pretty, but Silvered Topaz stole my heart. I saw it again later that day at Selfridges, and was sorely tempted to buy it, but at a U.S. equivalent of $92, that wasn't the type of impulse purchase I was ready to make. I saw it again when I took my husband to Liberty a few days later and I showed it to him. He said I should get it, but again... $92 is a lot of money! So I observed a modicum of self-control and did not buy it.

Since then, not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about the Tom Ford Silvered Topaz Quad. At the beginning of 2014, I told myself that if I got enough money for my birthday, I would buy it. Well, I got more than enough cash for my birthday this year, so I placed an order. I'm glad I got it in the U.S. In the U.K., it was the equivalent of $92 U.S. dollars, but in the U.S., it was "only" $79. Still, it's the most money I've ever spent on an eyeshadow palette, so it still felt frivolous. I'm sure it is frivolous, but since it arrived, I couldn't care less. My #1 "Only In My Dreams!" makeup wish has come true.

Look how pretty it is!!!


This photo was taken in direct sunlight, no flash:


This photo was taken in direct sunlight with a flash fill:


Do you see why I fell so hard for it? I'm a neutral-loving gal, and to me, this is the neutral quad to end all neutral quads.

The individual shadows don't have names, so I've named them Pretty Sparkling Champagne, Pretty Satin Gray, Pretty Satin Plummy-Taupe, and Pretty Chocolate Brown Matte.

This swatch photo was taken in direct sunlight, which seems to have washed them out a bit.


This swatch photo was taken in the shade with flash.


There are simply no words to describe just how silky, rich. and luxurious these eyeshadows are.  I desperately want all of the Tom Ford eyeshadow quads now, but I need to come to terms with the fact that is simply not going to happen...unless I win the lottery. In the meantime, I'll just be super happy I have this one Tom Ford quad, and bask in its glory as much as possible.

Still, I may just have to start buying lottery tickets now!

What is the #1 item on your "Only In My Dreams!" makeup wishlist?

6 comments:

  1. It is a gorgeous quad, but I have to say my favorite bits are the names you gave them all. I don't really have an "Only In My Dreams" item, I'm so fickle it changes all the time. The only thing consistent is my desire for a room with great lighting dedicated to my makeups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Congrats on your dreambaby palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try one of these for so long, but I can't bring myself to spend that much on eye shadow...but maybe I can ask for it for my birthday.

    http://finefantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Can't wait to see some looks using this!

    ReplyDelete