Thursday, August 14, 2014

Swatches: New Morgana Cryptoria Lipsticks - Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, Violetta

I purchased this.

I adore Morgana Cryptoria's lipsticks. She makes the prettiest colors with a really nice formula and finishes that are different than you'd find from big box brands. I think her lipsticks are the nicest of all of the indie lip products I've tried. I've got a whole bunch of Morgana lipsticks and one of these days, I'd like to swatch all of my Morgana lipsticks because they're all just so pretty.

In the meantime, I received three new lipsticks from Morgana in the mail this week, and wanted to swatch them for you. So here are some pictures of the lipsticks and swatches. The new shades I bought are Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, and Violetta.

L-R: Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, Violetta

The finish of the lipsticks in the tube look a little "sweaty," but I've received numerous MAC lipsticks with this same issue, so I think it's normal for some types of lipstick to "sweat" the wax and other ingredients--particularly when they sit in my hot mailbox all afternoon!

L-R: Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, Violetta

These next two photos are taken in natural lighting/indirect sunlight:

L-R: Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, Violetta

L-R: Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, Violetta 

These next two pictures were taken in natural light with a flash fill.

L-R: Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, Violetta

L-R: Pomegranate Daiquiri, Raspberry Sorbet, Violetta

I really love Pomegranate Daiquiri and plan to wear it immediately. Raspberry Sorbet looks like the kind of shade I gravitate toward when I want something that will go with everything. I foresee myself wearing it to work a lot. Violetta is a lot pinker than I anticipated. I'll wear it, but I think it's not one I'll reach for as much as others.

Do you have any favorite lipsticks from Morgana Cryptoria? 

3 comments: