Sunday, September 28, 2014

Swatches: Fyrinnae Halloween 2014 Collection

I purchased this.

I just had an eyeshadow spill of epic proportions, and I thought, "Phew! Good thing I took my photos already of the collection of jars!" Well, I had...but then I discovered the memory card wasn't in my camera. So while I typically like to post pictures of what the eyeshadows look like in the jars, this time, all I have are swatches.

And that brings me to the point of this post--I have swatches of Fyrinnae's 2014 Halloween collection! For Halloween this year, Fyrinnae released a collection of six new eye shadows and three new Lip Lustres. I purchased all but one of the eye shadows, knowing I'd never wear Midnight Dreary, but Fyrinnae threw that one in as a sample, which was so nice of them! I only purchased one Lip Lustre, as there was only one out of the three I thought I might possibly wear.

The first set of swatches are of Fyrinnae's new Halloween 2014 eyeshadows. The second set of swatches are of the Demon's Desire Lip Lustre from the Halloween 2014 collection.

All eyeshadows were swatched over Pixie Epoxy and taken in direct sunlight. I've also included Fyrinnae's shade descriptions between the photos.

L-R: All Hallow's Eve, Faust, Haunted Ballroom, Innocent Sorrow, Midnight Dreary, Nepenthe

  • All Hallow's Eve - "Deep 'pumpkin spice' orange has a slightly darker base hue to set off its varying hues of fine shimmer. Appears copper in the jar, but applies more complex."
  • Faust - "This rich, shimmery brown has a somewhat metallic finish and golden hue without being overly warm. A great staple shade without being ordinary."
  • Haunted Ballroom - "Varying shades of pink and lavender shimmer create a 'faerie dust' appearance in a sheer cream hue. Looks darker in the jar than it applies."

L-R: All Hallow's Eve, Faust, Haunted Ballroom, Innocent Sorrow, Midnight Dreary, Nepenthe

  • Innocent Sorrow - "Ethereal warm coppery hues graces with a gentle touch of pale green shimmer make this an excellent highlight or all-over brightening shadow. Sheer but buildable."
  • Midnight Dreary - "Velvety, vibrant, shimmering blue is enhanced with gold sparkle."
  • Nepenthe - "Vivid, metallic Byzantium purple, unlike any of our existing shades. It's a warm bright purple, but still works on neutral or cool skin tones."

This next photo is blurry to show the sparkle in these eye shadows:

L-R: All Hallow's Eve, Faust, Haunted Ballroom, Innocent Sorrow, Midnight Dreary, Nepenthe


Next up are swatches of the Demon's Desire Lip Lustre:



Fyrinnae describes this shade as "Glowing red shimmer embedded in a semi-transparent dark base...fades down to a muted wine hue. Similar to our Diabolic Masquerade, but with much more red and much less black."

Since Fyrinnae compares it to Diabolic Masquerade, I thought it would be good to swatch the two side-by-side. While similar colors may have been used to create these two Lip Lustres, I don't find them remotely similar.

Top: Demon's Desire Lip Lustre
Bottom: Diabolic Masquerade Lip Lustre

Top: Demon's Desire Lip Lustre
Bottom: Diabolic Masquerade Lip Lustre

I've already used several of the eye shadows and really love All Hallow's Eve, Faust, and Innocent Sorrow together. I'm especially looking forward to using Nepenthe; despite all of the purple eye shadows I own, I don't think I own one exactly like it.

Are you planning on picking up any eye shadows or Lip Lustres from Fyrinnae's Halloween collection this year? 

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous! I love the comparison of Demon's Desire to Diabolic Masquerade.

    ReplyDelete