Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Swatches: Sugar Skull Minerals Fall 2014 Collection

This was a gift.

I was recently on vacation, and when I got home, I had the most wonderful surprise package from Vicki, the owner of Sugar Skull Minerals. I'm a customer of hers, and as a result, we've become friends, mostly on Facebook. Well, she knew that life has been a bit rough for me over the past number of months, and as a pick-me-up gift, she sent me a surprise package of two new eye shadow collections. Wow, did it ever pick me up! Not only because everything is so beautiful, but because it was such a thoughtful gesture, and I think that says a lot about who she is as a person, that she would send a Random Act Of Kindness gift to someone she's never even met in person. I try to stay positive and focused on the good things in my life, but life really has been difficult over the last few months, and the stress was reaching ridiculously high levels. So to get a package from Vicki--with no strings attached--was so heartwarming. Thank you so much, Vicki! <3 <3 <3

While Vicki sent these two collections purely as a gift, with no expectations of looks or swatches or anything at all, I--of course--had to swatch everything! I received the Fall 2014 Collection, as well as the upcoming Bejeweled Collection. This post contains swatches of the Fall 2014 Collection. I'll post the Bejeweled Collection swatches separately in the coming week or so.

Swatches were done over Darling Girl Glitter Glue and taken in direct sunlight. Sugar Skull Minerals' shade descriptions are interspersed with the photos.

Top row, L-R: Apple Jack, Blood Moon, Candle Lit, Cider
Bottom row, L-R: Dusty, Maize, Rust, Whiskey Tango


  • Apple Jack - metallic pink/mauve with lots of silver reflects
  • Blood Moon - maroon/brown
  • Candle Lit - light shimmery champagne gold. Great as a highlighter!
  • Cider - copper toned light brown


Top row, L-R: Apple Jack, Blood Moon, Candle Lit, Cider
Bottom row, L-R: Dusty, Maize, Rust, Whiskey Tango
 

  • Dusty - muted gray/green with teeny blue reflects
  • Maize - orange/gold with a warm mauve base
  • Rust - metallic gold/copper with lots of copper reflects
  • Whiskey Tango - orange/brown with red/gold reflects


Finally, here is a blurry photo just to show the insane amount of sparkle some of these eye shadows have. Apple Jack and Whiskey Tango are by far the sparkliest of the bunch.

Top row, L-R: Apple Jack, Blood Moon, Candle Lit, Cider
Bottom row, L-R: Dusty, Maize, Rust, Whiskey Tango

It's really hard to say which are my favorites of the bunch. I really love the pink undertones in Maize, and I adore the sparkliness of Apple Jack and Whiskey Tango. I also think Candle Lit is one of the prettiest highlighter colors I've seen. And Cider and Rust are exactly the types of colors I'm drawn to during the autumn season. So really, they're pretty much all my favorites!

The Sugar Skull Minerals Fall 2014 Collection is available now until December 1. Each shade is available in three different sizes to fit your budget.

Have you ordered anything from this collection yet? (If not, you should if you like fall colors!)

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you!! You serious have the most perfectly shaped swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort on your blog. I appreciate your effort. Please check out my site.
    love

    ReplyDelete