Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mini-review: Eddie Funkhouser "Haute Boheme" Hyperreal Eye Color Palette

PR sample. 

A couple of days ago, I did a review of the Eddie Funkhouser Professional Brush Collection. In that review, I posted a look that I'd created using the brushes I reviewed. The look was also created primarily with Eddie Funkhouser cosmetics, including the Eddie Funkhouser Hyperreal Eye Color Palette in Haute Boheme. This is such a pretty, four-shade, eye color palette, and the shadows have an excellent formulation-- they are soft, pigmented, and blend beautifully. Because I like this palette so much, I wanted to show you a little more of it.

Eddie Funkhouser Haute Boheme Hyperreal Eye Color Palette

Top, L-R: Peacenik, Vagabond
Bottom, L-R: Dilettant, Gypsy

The back of the Haute Boheme palette

This is a gorgeous palette for the any time of year, but especially for the fall season. It's got four really pretty, earthy tones, that are reminiscent of the changing colors of the trees around my house right now.

Dilettante is a very deep, forest green with a hint of very fine, green sparkle. Gypsy is a lighter, warm-toned green that reminds me of the color of green leaves and has a hint of gold shimmer. Vagabond is a beautiful cinnamon-brown that's got the faintest copper tone and it just screams "autumn" to me. Peacenik is a mid-toned, satin peach that is neither too gold nor too orange. (To me, it's a "perfect peach.")

The following swatches were done over Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyelid primer and were taken in natural sunlight:

L-R: Dilettante, Gypsy, Vagabond, Peacenik

L-R: Dilettante, Gypsy, Vagabond, Peacenik

I also did a look using these four shades. Applied on top of eyelid primer, they lasted all day long and didn't bald, fade, or crease.

The Hyperreal Eye Color Palette is also available in three other color combos. Now that I've used this one, I want to try them all because the colors are so pretty and the formula is really, really nice. Each quad is $14.99 on the Eddie Funkhouser website and also available at select retailers.



WHAT I USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over eye area
MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC25 on brow bone
Eddie Funkhouser Haute Boheme Hyperreal Eye Color Palette:
  - Peacenik on inner lid and beneath inner lower lash line
  - Gypsy on center lid
  - Dilettante on outer lid and beneath outer lower lash line
  - Vagabond in crease and beneath lower lash line
Eddie Funkhouser Ultra Definition Eye Lining Stylus in Absolute Black lining upper lashes
Eddie Funkhouser Quattro Variable Lash Mascara (two coats on the lowest setting)
Chinovi Cosmetics Brow Powders in Deep Auburn and Dark Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment