Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Swatches: MAC Heirloom Collection Pressed Pigments

I purchased this.

It's been a while since MAC Cosmetics has released anything that has really grabbed my attention, but when I saw some swatches of MAC's Heirloom Mix mini pressed pigments, I just knew I would be making a purchase once they were released.

I picked up these beautiful babies that were delivered to my house this past Friday:

Top, L-R: Enchantment, Nostalgic
Bottom, L-R: Victorian Plum, Noblesse Oblige

They are all such beautiful, sparkly colors that I could hardly contain myself!

All swatches are done over Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyelid primer. The following three photos were taken in direct sunlight:

L-R: Enchantment, Victorian Plum, Nostalgic, Noblesse Oblige

L-R: Enchantment, Victorian Plum, Nostalgic, Noblesse Oblige

Just look at the way they sparkle!!!

L-R: Enchantment, Victorian Plum, Nostalgic, Noblesse Oblige

These next two photos were taken in indirect sunlight with flash:

L-R: Enchantment, Victorian Plum, Nostalgic, Noblesse Oblige

L-R: Enchantment, Victorian Plum, Nostalgic, Noblesse Oblige

When I first swatched Noblesse Oblige, my very first thought was that it could possibly be a dupe for my beloved and long-discontinued MAC Smoke & Diamonds. As it turns out, it's not an exact dupe, but it's the closest I have found so far. Noblesse Oblige has a much more shimmery/sparkly finish, whereas Smoke & Diamonds is more of a satin finish. But the shade and tone are the same. I am absolutely over the moon to finally--after six years of searching--find a color like Smoke & Diamonds.

Left: Noblesse Oblige; Right: Smoke & Diamonds

Have you picked up any of the MAC Heirloom Mix Pressed Pigments? 

No comments:

Post a Comment