Sunday, November 23, 2014

EOTD with Smashbox Double Exposure Palette

I purchased this.

My #1 most-used palette is the Smashbox Full Exposure palette. So when I saw that Smashbox had released the Double Exposure palette, I was instantly intrigued. When Sephora recently had their VIB sale, I ended up picking up the Double Exposure palette, and I am sooo glad I did. Aside from the gorgeous colors in the palette, the magic of this palette is that each color is specifically formulated to change when used wet. Some of the shades intensify, others get sparkly, while others get deeper or turn metallic. So you basically get double the eyeshadows--28 different colors/finishes--out of the 14 pan palette.

There is not one single shade in the Smashbox Double Exposure palette that I don't absolutely adore--even the navy blue (which I don't typically care for) is stunningly beautiful.

This is the first look I did using my new palette. I used them all dry, with the exception of Noir, which I used wet to line my upper lashes. I can't wait to play with the colors wet, as I've read they're real stunners when applied wet.




WHAT I USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance all around eye area
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Sleek & Spice on moving lid only
Smashbox Double Exposure Palette:
  - Veiled on brow bone
  - Flushed between brow bone and crease
  - Fig in crease
  - Noir on outer corner and beneath outer lower lash line
  - Midnight on top of Noir on outer corner
  - Haze on lid
  - Silver on lower center of lid
  - Blanc around tear duct area
  - Temper on top of Noir beneath outer lower lash line
  - Mauve beneath center lower lash line
  - Peony beneath inner lower lash line and to smoke out Temper and Mauve
Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner Pencil in Onyx on upper and lower rims, set with Noir
Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara (three coats)
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brow Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment