Monday, January 19, 2015

Swatches: Chinovi Cosmetics "Tasting Menu" Collection

PR samples.

I am REALLY excited about Chinovi Cosmetics' new collection, "Tasting Menu." Vanessa of Chinovi approached me a few months ago and asked if I'd be interested in collaborating with her to come up with a new collection. We did a lot of brainstorming, going down one path, then coming up another, and eventually landed on this "Tasting Menu" collection. 

Each color in this collection is named after some of my favorite French foods. The last time I was in Paris, my husband and I pretty much ate a giant path through the city like crazy, ravenous beasts. I'm pretty sure you can still see the path of destruction we left behind us! I adore French food; there are few things in life as truly decadent as a good, French meal. A good French meal is so rich and flavorful, it's (of course) completely unhealthy, and it's amazingly delicious. 

And without further ado, here are swatches of Chinovi's new collection, "Tasting Menu," which should be available on the website and Storenvy shop some time around early- to mid-February. 

Bon appétit!

L-R: Bisque de Citrouille, L'Escargot, Crème de Marron, L'Entrecôte, Macarons à la Rose, Coteaux Bourguignons

Bisque de Citrouille (translation: pumpkin bisque) is a soft, pumpkin orange that's heavy on the sparkle. This one has the tiniest hint of a cool pink (peach?) shift.

L'Escargot (translation: "the snail"... aka snails baked in the shell with garlic-herb butter! YUM!) is an artichoke green that's also heavy on the sparkle.

Crème de Marron (translation: chestnut cream) is a mouthwateringly gorgeous dusty brown with barely-there undertones of amethyst and silver. It's also loaded with sparkle. Crème de Marron is hands-down my favorite color of this collection, but that's not surprising since I really do love my browns (and any dessert that involves chestnut cream).

L-R: Bisque de Citrouille, L'Escargot, Crème de Marron, L'Entrecôte, Macarons à la Rose, Coteaux Bourguignons

L'Entrecôte (translation: a premium cut of sirloin traditionally served in the steak-frites style) is shimmery, but not sparkly. It's a gorgeous deep, bronzy brown that's perfect for deepening up an outer corner or crease.

Macarons à la Rose (translation: rose macarons) is a matte tea rose pink that reminds me of the beautiful shade of the rose macarons from Ladurée.

Coteaux Bourguignons (translation: "Burgundian hills" and refers to the wine from the entire Burgundy region) is also matte and is a rich, deep wild berry color.


Next, of course, I've tucked in an out-of-focus photo to show this collection's sparkle and shimmer (or lack thereof, as appropriate).  

L-R: Bisque de Citrouille, L'Escargot, Crème de Marron, L'Entrecôte, Macarons à la Rose, Coteaux Bourguignons

I adore this collection, not only because Vanessa involved me in helping her to create it, but because the colors are so pretty and work so well together. I think it's a lovely, soft palette of almost vintage-like shades. Also, L'Entrecôte is making me really hungry for steak-frites right now and boy, could I ever go for a crème de marron crêpe afterward! :)


What do you think of the colors in this collection? Do you see any that you think you'll be grabbing up as soon as they're available? ARE YOU HUNGRY YET? 

2 comments:

  1. These are so bright and glittery .... ow me likes :-) x

    ReplyDelete