Saturday, January 24, 2015

Swatches: Fairy Tale Romance Collection by Darling Girl Cosmetics

PR samples.

Darling Girl Cosmetics is going to be releasing a small collection next month called "Fairy Tale Romance." It consists of three eye shadows and one balm gloss and is inspired by the TV show Once Upon A Time. I've got swatches for you of each of the items in this collection, and they're all super pretty!

Fairy Tale Romance should be available somewhere around the mid-February time-frame.

All eyeshadow swatches are done over Darling Girl Glitter Glue.

L-R: Love Bug Balm Gloss, Hot As Baelfire eye shadow, If I Only Had A Heart eye shadow, 
Let's Hook Up eye shadow, and Let's Hook Up eye shadow over a black base

Love Bug Balm Gloss is a beautiful, soft mauve lippie. It goes on super smooth, feels really hydrating on the lips, and provides really nice color, but it's not opaque at all; it's sort of "my lips but better" glossy color on me.

Hot As Baelfire is a mid-tone, matte brown that has the faintest hint of plumminess about it.

L-R: Love Bug Balm Gloss, Hot As Baelfire eye shadow, If I Only Had A Heart eye shadow, 
Let's Hook Up eye shadow, and Let's Hook Up eye shadow over a black base

If I Only Had A Heart is the most beautiful warm cream eyeshadow with a soft golden shift and golden sparkles. I know this collection is inspired by Once Upon A Time, but this color is, in my opinion, exactly the color of the dress worn by Jennifer Connolly in the ballroom scene of Labyrinth. You know the dress I'm talking about--the one that all of us *cough*-somethings hoped we'd wear on our wedding day when we grew up.

Let's Hook Up is a dark, dirty green with a strong black base. It's loaded with green and gold sparkles, and some orange too, I think. It looks sooo gorgeous over a black base, which is why I added the swatch of it over black to my swatches. While it doesn't need the black base, I think the black base takes this shade to a whole new level. I think this is a perfect representation of Killian and his gorgeous pirate-liner. Give me an AMEN SISTER if your heart flutters a little, too, every time you look deep into those dark, smoky, guylined eyes. *swoons*

As always, I've posted an out-of-focus shot to show you the sparkle in the sparkly shades.

L-R: Love Bug Balm Gloss, Hot As Baelfire eye shadow, If I Only Had A Heart eye shadow, 
Let's Hook Up eye shadow, and Let's Hook Up eye shadow over a black base

I love this collection. I think the colors complement each other perfectly, and I love the idea behind it, since I a fan of Once Upon A Time. It's a shame the collection is so small, but I am pretty sure I recall hearing a rumor that at some point it's being followed up by a Once Upon A Time villain-inspired collection (!!!), so hopefully there will be even more fairytale goodness (or evilness!) to come.

1 comment: