Friday, February 27, 2015

Swatches: NARS NARSissist Dual Intensity Eyeshadow Palette

I purchased this.

I've had this little beauty sitting unused for about three weeks because I desperately wanted to take pictures of it before I used it, but these are the darkest months of the year, and I've been incredibly lighting-challenged. You have no idea how much self-control I had to subject myself to in order to keep from using it before I was able to get photos!


The NARS Narsissist palette is limited edition and includes seven shades that are available in NARS's line of Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow singles plus one shade that is unique to this palette (Ursa Major).

Oops, I forgot to move the protective sheet, so the mirror looks dusty!
Top row, L-R: Europa, Himalia, Ursa Major, Subra
Bottom row, L-R: Andromeda, Lysithea, Giove, Sycorax


Top row, L-R: Europa, Himalia, Ursa Major, Subra
Bottom row, L-R: Andromeda, Lysithea, Giove, Sycorax

Anyone who has been playing with makeup long enough knows that it's often possible to achieve more intense color payoff by applying the shadows wet, aka "foiling" them. However, this palette is formulated specifically to be used wet or dry for different effects. And so, of course I swatched them both dry and wet.

L-R: Europa dry/Europa wet, Himalia dry/Himalia wet, Ursa Major dry/Ursa Major wet, Subra dry/Subra wet

L-R: Europa dry/Europa wet, Himalia dry/Himalia wet, Ursa Major dry/Ursa Major wet, Subra dry/Subra wet

These are definitely no regular shadows that are simply a little more intense when they're foiled. The formula is so soft, buttery, and even when applied both dry and wet. When moistened, they take on an almost paste-like consistency and become incredibly thick and intense. I have one other wet/dry palette from another brand and I really do love it, but the quality of this NARS formula is beyond anything I've ever seen before.

L-R: Andromeda dry/Andromeda wet, Lysithea dry/Lysithea wet, Giove dry/Giove wet, Sycorax dry/Sycorax wet

L-R: Andromeda dry/Andromeda wet, Lysithea dry/Lysithea wet, Giove dry/Giove wet, Sycorax dry/Sycorax wet

My favorite color is Himalia, both dry and wet. You know I love my browns, and Himalia is an absolutely gorgeous warm-toned golden brown shade. My second favorite is probably a tie between Europa (dry) and Lysithea (dry). I don't typically care for silver and gray shades, but Lysithea is such a gorgeous steel gray that my heart may have skipped a beat when I first swatched it. I think Ursa Major, Subra, Giove, and Sycorax will all make amazing eyeliner shades when applied wet. Andromeda will make a beautiful inner corner highlight both dry and wet. Every single color in this palette is absolutely gorgeous and of the highest quality.

This palette is absolutely a winner and I'm so glad I splurged on it. I'm especially glad that I had a gift card that I saved from Christmas that I put toward purchasing it, since this palette costs a pretty penny at $79. While the pans in this palette are smaller than their single eye shadow counterparts (0.03 oz per palette pan versus 0.05 per full size shadow), this palette is an excellent value: it allows you to try several shades from NARS's regular line of Dual-Intensity Eyeshadows at a significantly lower cost than buying the singles alone. For the cost of this palette, you can only purchase 2 full size shadows, as they're $29 each (but they really are worth every penny!)

In addition to this palette, I also own one single Dual Intensity Eyeshadow, Callisto, which is one of the prettiest eye shadows I own. One of my friends stated, "Callisto is everything." She wasn't exaggerating. It really is everything.

I love this wet/dry formula, I love this line of eye shadow colors, and I love this palette.

Do you have this NARSissist Dual Intensity Eyeshadow Palette? Are you thinking about getting it while it's still available? 

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to resist buying this palette, but I'm not sure it's possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't resist! You will never regret buying this one! It's soooo good!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm Loving This!! Thank's for the beautiful Swatch's Babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're finding my swatches helpful!

      Delete