Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tom Ford Casablanca Lipstick

This was gift. 

A week ago, a darling friend of mine, Cin over at CinSeven13 blog, along with her adorable son, surprised me with the gift of the #1 item that's been on my wishlist since last fall: Tom Ford's Casablanca lipstick.

I was in Selfridge's last September, and became almost faint with desire the moment I laid eyes on, and then swatched, Tom Ford's Casablanca lipstick. I knew that someday I would own it, but had no idea someone would gift it to me! When I opened the box and saw what was in it, my heart skipped a beat--several beats! I am so overwhelmed by Cin's generosity and so grateful. She broke my Tom Ford lipstick cherry and I'll never forget it.

Here is Casablanca in in all it's glory--my own, my love, my precious:


Casablanca is the perfect muted pink-brown. Or maybe it's brown-pink. It's what I refer to as a "chocolate pink" shade, which is my favorite shade to wear on my lips.


It's so incredibly pigmented and creamy. My lips are really dry right now from winter and the harsh winds that have been blowing the last couple of days, but the moment I put this lipstick on, my lips felt soft and supple and not remotely dry. The lipstick feels so decadent and luxurious on my lips. 

This shade is definitely perfect for me. And by perfect, I mean P.E.R.F.E.C.T. It's a life-changing lipstick if there ever was one!


I understand now why Tom Ford's lipsticks have such a hefty price tag, but now I don't know how I'll ever be able to go back to other brands of lipstick again. My Tom Ford lipstick wishlist is now growing like crazy. Looks like someone needs to get a second job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment