Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Swatches: Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows

Received in swap.

Last week, I mentioned that I had done an international makeup swap with Olivia from Sparkling Luna blog. In my package from her were six of the Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow singles. They look so pretty, and I am so glad I got them. The colors are insanely gorgeous, the provide full pigmentation in one swipe, and the finish is off the hook! Now I want the other three Liquid Metal singles that I didn't get.

Top row, L-R: Gold'n'Roses, Mauves Like Jagger, Nougat It Right
Bottom row, L-R: Satina Van Der Woodsen, Under Treasure, We Are The Champagnes

Top row, L-R: Gold'n'Roses, Mauves Like Jagger, Nougat It Right
Bottom row, L-R: Satina Van Der Woodsen, Under Treasure, We Are The Champagnes

The surface of the shadows have an embossed pattern that reminds me of the pattern on ColourPop eyeshadows. The aren't flat in their pans, but have a 3-D surface--rippled and wavy--reminiscent of the Kiko Water Eyeshadows. They look rather fancy, I think.

Top row, L-R: Gold'n'Roses, Mauves Like Jagger, Nougat It Right
Bottom row, L-R: Satina Van Der Woodsen, Under Treasure, We Are The Champagnes

I found the eye shadow crumbles very easily if you press too hard in the pan when picking up shadow with a brush. Once I used a much lighter touch with the brush, I had no problems with them crumbling, and they are so pigmented, I really didn't need that much of the powder on my brush, either. 

Top row, L-R: Gold'n'Roses, Mauves Like Jagger, Nougat It Right
Bottom row, L-R: Satina Van Der Woodsen, Under Treasure, We Are The Champagnes

The liquid metal finish of these shadows does not translate well in photos. They really do look like shimmery, molten metal on my skin. As I was swatching these shadows, I kept talking to myself out loud, saying things like, "Wow!" and, "These are unbelievable!" and "I've never seen anything so freaking pretty in my life!" I don't typically talk to myself when I'm swatching, but these are just so over-the-top beautiful and unique that I couldn't help myself. I would have never, ever guessed a drugstore eye shadow could ever be this good.

Top row, L-R: Gold'n'Roses, Mauves Like Jagger, Nougat It Right
Bottom row, L-R: Satina Van Der Woodsen, Under Treasure, We Are The Champagnes

I've been binging on everything rose gold lately, so Gold'n'Roses is really revving my engines! My second favorite of the bunch is Mauves Like Jagger. It's a silver-lilac-taupe with a mauve undertone. I was completely surprised by how complex it is. Mauves Like Jagger also pairs beautifully with Gold'n'Roses. Under Treasure is an antiqued gold shade that is my third favorite of the bunch. All of them are gorgeous, though, and I think they can all be used together for maximum gorgeousness. I have read that they are also formulated to be used wet, so I'll have to try that, too.

If you have access to Catrice or know someone in Europe who can pick them up for you, they are absolutely worth it (especially now that the dollar has gained so much value against the euro). They are approximately $4.33 (U.S.) each, which is a really excellent price, especially for the quality.

Have you tried the Liquid Metal eyeshadows from Catrice? 

3 comments:

  1. I just did a swap with someone from Austria and she sent me a few of these Catrice shadows, they are definitely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got some, too! They're so gorgeous. I can't wait to have time to play with them and create a look using them.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful swatches ! I'm so happy that you like those. They are my favorites from catrice (catrice is one of my favorite european drugstore brands ;) )
    I picked up Under Treasure for myself the other day :) , it's stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete