Sunday, April 12, 2015

Swatches: Liquid Stardusts from Darling Girl Cosmetics

I purchased this. 
PR samples.

Hi everyone! Today, I have swatches for you of the four Liquid Stardusts from Darling Girl Cosmetics.

Liquid Stardusts, L-R: Interstellar Cupcake, Space Odyssey

I've only pictured two of the four Liquid Stardusts here because two of the ones I have are in the old packaging, which turned out to have some issues. This current packaging is terrific..

Darling Girl Liquid Stardusts are supposedly quite similar to Lorac's 3D Liquid Lustre, but at a fraction of the price. I haven't tried the Lorac product myself, but I have friends who have tried both and say they're basically the same. The main difference--besides the price point--is that Darling Girl Liquid Stardust are handmade (with love!), feature unique combinations of color, and are most definitely cruelty free. (Lorac is less-than-transparent regarding whether they're cruelty free.)

Anyway, on to the swatches! The top part of each swatch is done on bare skin and the lower part is done over a black base.

L-R: Space Odyssey, Interstellar Cupcake, Santy's Sneaky Sleigh, Grinchy Claus

L-R: Space Odyssey, Interstellar Cupcake, Santy's Sneaky Sleigh, Grinchy Claus

Here are a couple of out-of-focus shots to show what the sparkle looks like in the Liquid Stardusts.

L-R: Space Odyssey, Interstellar Cupcake, Santy's Sneaky Sleigh, Grinchy Claus

L-R: Space Odyssey, Interstellar Cupcake, Santy's Sneaky Sleigh, Grinchy Claus

My favorite is Interstellar Cupcake, which combines pink and copper holographic glitters. I think these work really well on top of eyeshadow to provide a little extra sparkle or as an inner corner sparkly highlight. They dry down relatively quickly and last until I remove my makeup--without any sparkly fallout on my cheeks. I imagine they'd work wonderfully as extra-sparkly cheek highlight or on top of a black eyeliner.

Have you tried the Darling Girl Liquid Stardusts? What do you think of them? 

1 comment:

  1. OH my gods! Those are fabulous and you did fantastic swatches. I need all of them now. ^_~

    ReplyDelete