Monday, April 20, 2015

Swatches & Mini Review: Zoeva Rose Golden Eyeshadow Palette

Received in swap.

I recently did a swap with the really lovely Olivia over at Sparkling Luna blog. She does beautiful looks and is such a sweetie--check her out if you haven't already!

Anyway, Olivia lives in Belgium and I'm in the U.S., so we decided to do an international custom purchase swap. She sent me so many amazing makeup goodies (and candy!) that I can't get here in the U.S., and I am super excited to play with all of them. What I was the most looking forward to receiving was the Zoeva Rose Golden eyeshadow palette, so of course it's one of the first of the swap items I broke into. (Okay, I'll admit, the very first thing I opened up and used was the candy! Nomnomnom!!!)



I have been all about rose gold shades for months on end now, so when I saw this palette, I started drooling, and immediately added it to my list of things to swap for. The palette turned out to be (almost) everything I expected. Every single shade is absolutely gorgeous, with the exception of Harmony, which should really be named "WTF?!?!" because WTF is a cool-toned gray shade doing in this otherwise stunning palette of warm, rose, gold, copper, and tan shades??? Every other color is stunning and I have no idea which is my favorite because at least six of them are so shimmery and fairly unique among my extensive collection of eye shadows.

All swatches are done over Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion.

Top row, L-R: Luster, Reflective Elegance, Copper Is King, Shining Bright, Rusty Petals
Bottom row, L-R: Foil, Just A Rose, Golden Rule, Harmony (WTF?!?!), Wonder Full

The shadows glide on smoothly, although there is a bit of powdery fallout. Copper Is King and Wonder Full were the hardest to apply evenly. Copper Is King just didn't want to blend out at all, but after working with it a bit, it was so worth it when I was able to get a full swatch--it's so gorgeous! Wonder Full had the most fallout and is super powdery and dusty. It's not chalky, but it was a little hard to get an even swatch. Using a different brush might solve the problems I had with both of those colors. All of the colors are highly pigmented, although I had a heck of a time trying to capture the intensity of the color in my photos, so if they don't look super pigmented in my pictures, just trust me--they are very pigmented and lovely.

L-R: Luster, Reflective Elegance, Copper Is King, Shining Bright, Rusty Petals

L-R: Foil, Just A Rose, Golden Rule, Harmony, Wonder Full

I took this next swatch photo using the flash on my camera because I thought it shows some of the different tones in these colors and more of the shimmer.

Top row, L-R: Luster, Reflective Elegance, Copper Is King, Shining Bright, Rusty Petals
Bottom row, L-R: Foil, Just A Rose, Golden Rule, Harmony, Wonder Full

Overall, I'm really pleased with this palette, which is also the first Zoeva product I've tried. Right now, this palette is out of stock online, but once it's back in stock, I highly recommend it if you love rose gold tones like I do. When I first looked online, it was priced at 17.50, but it's currently priced at 14.71. As of today's exchange rate, that's a little less than $16. I think it's a great value--$19 for 9 beautiful eyeshadows + 1 "WTF" shadow, which comes to $1.60 for each pan. Shipping to the U.S. from Europe is an additional 13.34 (a little less than $14.50). You can buy it from Zoeva here.

I am planning to post a look in the next few days using some of the shadows from this palette. Guess which shadow I'm not going to use? Ha ha! :)

I'm sending another shout-out to Olivia at Sparkling Luna blog. I'm loving all of my new goodies, and looking forward to doing lots of looks with everything! Thank you!!!

Have you tried anything from Zoeva? What is your favorite product from them? 

1 comment:

  1. Great review ! I'm glad that you like the palette :) ! Can't wait to see you using it in a look xxx

    ReplyDelete