Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Review & Swatches: Clinique Pink Cheek Pop & Plum Pop Lip Colour + Primer

I purchased this.

I have always loved Clinique lipstick and blushes. I've found their lipsticks to be creamy and long-lasting and their blushes to be nicely pigmented, apply smoothly and evenly, and last all day. When Clinique came out with their Pop Lip Colour + Primer lipsticks and Cheek Pop blushes, I was instantly intrigued. Not only is the packaging of the Cheek Pops super cute, but one of the colors (Pink Pop) looked very similar to my favorite MAC blush (Pinch O'Peach) that I'm running out of and need to replace. This week, I caved and I bought one of each: Plum Pop Lip Colour + Primer and Pink Cheek Pop.

The new Clinique Pop lipsticks and blushes come in standard, classic, Clinique boxes.


The Pop Lip Colour + Primer is square and lightweight, easy to hold, and sturdy. It's a typical lipstick tube, nothing special. The Cheek Pop, on the other hand, has the best packaging! I love the sleek, acrylic packaging that lets you see the exact color of the product without opening it. The acrylic case is really sturdy and I feel like I could easily toss it in my makeup bag in my purse without worrying about it breaking. The flower embossing of the pressed powder is really cute. The embossing doesn't rub off as soon as you touch it, either. That embossed flower design is going to look pretty through many uses.

Top-Bottom: Clinique Pink Pop Blush, Clinique Plum Pop Lipstick

The Plum Pop Lip Colour + Primer is such a "me" shade--a perfect plummy, mauvey, pink. I'm going to wear it a lot in the summer. It's incredibly creamy and moisturizing. It feels almost like I'm wearing a buttery balm on my lips. I've already added several other shades of Clinique Pops Lip Colour + Primers to my wishlist because they feel so, so good on my lips. Like Clinique lipsticks always do, this Pop lipstick lasts and lasts on me and when it does wear off, it wears off evenly.

L-R: Clinique Plum Pop Lipstick, Clinique Pink Pop Blush

The Pink Cheek Pop blush is slightly lighter than I anticipated and has a faint sheen that I wasn't expecting; otherwise, it is exactly what I was expecting and will be a perfect replacement for my MAC Pinch O' Peach blush. The blush applies evenly and smoothly. It's not the most pigmented blush I've ever used and the pigmentation does not seem to be buildable; however, for me, the amount of pigment is perfect, since I don't wear heavy blush on my cheeks. The staying power is good on me, lasting from the time I put it on in the morning at around 7:00 a.m. until mid-afternoon. If I'm going to go out after work, I definitely need to reapply to have my cheeks look fresh and perky again.

Clinique Cheek Pops are $21 each for 0.12 oz. Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer are $18 for 0.13 oz.

I think they're both a really good price for the amount and quality of product, and I definitely plan to pick up at least 2-3 more of each.

Do you own any of the Clinique Pop products or are you intrigued by any of them? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete