Sunday, June 21, 2015

Swatches: Lumos Shimmering Pearls by Darling Girl Cosmetics

PR samples.

artwork yoinked from the Darling Girl Cosmetics website


Darling Girl Cosmetics recently came out with a new product called Lumos Shimmering Pearls. The Lumos Shimmering Pearls are shimmering cream highlighters. The Darling Girl website describes them as "lightweight cream luminizers that highlight and add luster to the skin, giving you an ethereal glow."

There are 11 shades of Lumos Shimmering Pearls, catering to a multitude of skin tones and shade preferences. Unlike any other highlighters I've ever come across, several of the shades have gorgeous duochrome effects.

I have swatches below of 10 of the 11 available shades. The one I'm missing is Astra.
Here are swatches of these 10 highlighters taken from two different angles.

L-R: Celestia, Calypso, Leilani, Maricela, Neveah, Ophelia, Orion, Shona, Sitara, Vega

L-R: Celestia, Calypso, Leilani, Maricela, Neveah, Ophelia, Orion, Shona, Sitara, Vega

My favorite of the highlighters is Leilani. It's such a gorgeous rose gold duochrome. My second favorite is Maricela, which is a stunning, deep peach shade. I also love Shona, which I think I could use lightly as a cream bronzer. I also adore the color of Sitara, although it's too deep for me to wear on my face; however, I'm going to give it a test run and see if it I can wear it on my eyes without it creasing. If so, it'll be a gorgeous eyelid shade.

Overall, I'm super impressed by these highlighters, particularly the shade range and duochrome effects of some of them. I am off to shower and do my makeup now--I think I'll be wearing Leilani (again) today!

What is your favorite way to use/wear highlighter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment