Thursday, July 2, 2015

Swatches: Fyrinnae's Newest Eyeshadows

I purchased this.

Fyrinnae recently updated their site with several new eye shadows. I decided to pick up all of the new color, as well as a few recently released shades that I hadn't yet nabbed. Fyrinnae also sent me a freebie sample of an amazing Arcane Magic eye shadow called Incubus.

Click on the photos for a detailed, up-close view of each image.

Top row, L-R: Beyond Binary, Birb of Paradise, Capybara, Caramel Layer Cake
Bottom row, L-R: Celestial Beauty, Incubus, Istanbul, Vesuvius, Zanzibar

Top row, L-R: Beyond Binary, Birb of Paradise, Capybara, Caramel Layer Cake
Bottom row, L-R: Celestial Beauty, Incubus, Istanbul, Vesuvius, Zanzibar

I've swatched all of the shadows from my latest Fyrinnae order below. They're all swatched over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.

Top row, L-R: Beyond Binary, Birb of Paradise, Capybara, Caramel Layer Cake
Bottom row, L-R: Celestial Beauty, Incubus, Istanbul, Vesuvius, Zanzibar

Apologies that my swatches got a little sloppy. By the time I realized I'd messed up the edges, it was after midnight, I was tired, and I figured you'd still get the idea of what these colors look like whether the edges are even or not.

Top row, L-R: Beyond Binary, Birb of Paradise, Capybara, Caramel Layer Cake
Bottom row, L-R: Celestial Beauty, Incubus, Istanbul, Vesuvius, Zanzibar

For a couple of years, I wasn't really digging the shades Fyrinnae was releasing. Then, all of a sudden earlier this year, the guys over at Fyrinnae started releasing the most amazing new shadows, and I just can't resist any of them!

All of these shadows are gorgeous, but the freebie they sent, Incubus, is hands-down my favorite. It's one of those "if I could marry it, I would!" eye shadows. Another favorite is Capybara, a beautiful, shiny, light aubergine. I'm also pretty excited about Istanbul, as it's a blue that I'm head-over-heels in love with. I don't typically wear blues, but Istanbul is a complex, denim blue that I can't wait to get on my eyelids. (I'm probably also drawn to it since Istanbul is by far the #1 place to visit on my travel wishlist.) anzibar is another standout. What doesn't come across in my swatches--sadly--is the heavy gold sheen that makes Zanzibar a truly stunning, warm teal. Several times since I received these shadows, I've done a quick, simple look using just Caramel Layer Cake as an all-over single wash of color on the lid combined with Zanzibar lining my upper lashes. It's a really pretty combo and perfect for summertime.

Birb is my least favorite shade because I rarely wear rich, deep blues of this sort--although as a liner, I have a feeling it'll be really pretty. Also, the fallout on this one was atrocious. It doesn't have the same "pebbly" texture that most of the other shadows have from the binders that Fyrinnae puts in them. Incubus didn't have the pebbly texture either, but I didn't have fallout problems with it. I guess Birb of Paradise is just short-bus special among this lot when it comes to the fallout.

As I post this, Fyrinnae's site is currently offline. They are stating they'll return by July 3, so if you don't have any of these colors, make sure you visit their site on or after July 3 and pick up a few. They're exceedingly pretty.

What is your all-time favorite "if I could marry it, I would!" eyeshadow? 

4 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of Fyrinnae eyeshadows , but haven't used them for so long ... problem of having too much makeup ... LOL
    And i haven't ordered anything in a very long time either , i just wasn't excited about their new releases , i felt like i already had a bunch of those colors . Out of these swatches i think Celestial Beauty and Incubus are the only ones i would buy . What doesn't mean that i don't like their shadows :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a couple of years, I didn't like much of anything Fyrinnae was creating, but everything they've released this year is awesome. Most of these are similar to other shadows in my collection, but none are exact. I think they're all fairly unique.

      Delete