Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sneak Peek! "Queens of Horror" by Darling Girl Cosmetics

PR samples.

Hi! This week I received samples of the upcoming Halloween collection from Darling Girl Cosmetics. Queens of Horror is a set of 12 eye shadows and 1 Balm Gloss 3D. The set will be released on Darling Girl's website on September 12, so keep an eye out for it! In the meantime, I have swatches of everything!

All eye shadows are swatched over Darling Girl Glitter Glue.

As always, click on each image to view it larger. The larger versions definitely show more of the complexity and sparkle within each shade.

L-R: The Bride, Do You Like Scary Movies, Got Face?, Hello Clarice, Hotel Hell, Married To The Macabre

L-R: The Bride, Do You Like Scary Movies, Got Face?, Hello Clarice, Hotel Hell, Married To The Macabre

Those first six shades are all purples and greens, and man, are they gorgeous! I particularly love Do You Like Scary Movies and the grayish purple of Got Face? Married To The Macabre is ultra shiny--I've never seen another green shade quite like it. I wish my camera would have captured how utterly unique and amazing it is.

L-R: Onryo (Vengeful Spirit), Possessed Princess, Prom Queen, Queen Of Scream, Shower Scream, You B*tch

L-R: Onryo (Vengeful Spirit), Possessed Princess, Prom Queen, Queen Of Scream, Shower Scream, You B*tch

My favorite is Prom Queen, followed by Queen of Scream. Prom Queen has an incredible balance of reddish-maroon and pink sparkles that is so pretty it hurts! Queen of Scream is such a gorgeous orange-peach shade with super strong sparkle. Once again, my camera completely failed to capture how thoroughly unique and sparkly these colors are.

When I first unpacked this collection, I could not get over how uber-sparkly it is. Unfortunately, try as I might, there was nothing I could do to get my camera to pick up the sparkle in the first set of shadows. However, I was able to snap an out-of-focus shot of the second set of six shadows that shows the sparkliness...and a bit of the mess in my room behind me. :)

Look at that sparkle!!! It's mesmerizing!

Last--but certainly not least--is the Balm Gloss 3D called "I'm Into Survival." This shade is a gorgeous Barbie pink with holographic turquoise sparkles. It's beautiful, and like all of Darling Girl's Balm Glosses, it feels really nice on my lips. 

I'm Into Survival Balm Gloss 3D

I'm Into Survival Balm Gloss 3D

I'm really loving this collection. I totally dig that it's heavy on purples, which I think is perfect for fall. I'm also thrilled that Darling Girl is releasing it in time for people to wear their favorite "scream queens" right around Halloween.

Do you have grabby hands for anything from this collection? 


1 comment:

  1. My hands will be grabbing The Bride and I'm Into Survival Balm Gloss.

    ReplyDelete